Client: Avid Technology Europe Ltd
- Small group, face-to-face Language Training for French, German, Spanish, Arabic and English at various levels from beginner to advanced for employees based at the UK site in Pinewood Studios;
- One-to-one Language Training via Skype in English, French and Mandarin for employees based overseas (Spain, Belgium, Singapore), who are frequently travelling and working on customer sites and therefore need a flexible approach.
Timeframe: 2009 - present
Audience: Employees throughout EMEA, who have a business need to improve their language skills.
- Some UK departments, such as Finance, need language skills to deal daily with their customers overseas;
- Project managers working on customer sites overseas need additional language skills for general and business/technical conversations;
- UK-based technical support staff, who provide phone and email support to customers in a number of different countries, need to be able to speak their customers' language.
Solution: We developed a two-pronged approach: small group language training in French, German, Spanish, English and Arabic at various levels for employees based at the UK head office in Pinewood Studios and 1-2-1 training delivered remotely on a flexible basis for employees who have a technical role and work on client sites. These people travel regularly and need to book their sessions on a flexible basis. The training consists of one 1.5 hour instructor-led session a week plus structured self-study and remote trainer support. Delegates are given the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification: the Oxford, Cambridge and RSA (OCR) Asset Languages qualification, the French DELF (Diplôme d'Etudes de Langue Française) or DALF (Diplôme Approfondi de Langue Française) or the Goethe Institut qualification.
We have been providing language training in six languages (French, German, Spanish, English, Arabic and Mandarin) to Avid continuously since 2009. The outcomes are:
- employees are increasingly able to deal with documents in other languages and to communicate with their partners and customers overseas;
- the customer services team is better able to support its customers and some of the customer feedback on the level of support and language ability of the team has been outstanding;
- the employees welcome the opportunity to improve their language skills and gain an additional qualification and the initiative has improved employee engagement;
- the language training contributes to employees’ personal and professional development.
I would like to thank God, my wonderful parents and my amazing teacher Sabine! You all at Language Matters were fantastic!
Renato Iarossi – Customer Success Specialist, Italy | CS Delivery
Avid Technology Europe